It’s Fall Motherfuckers: Pork Tenderloin with Brussels & Apples & Sage & Bacon!
1-1.5 lbs Pork tenderloin
3 apples (Gala are delicious)
1 lb Brussels (1 bag if acquired from Trader Joes)
10 leaves Sage
4 strips thick bacon
- Preheat the oven 450F
- Line a half-sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Slice apples into 0.5” thick wedges
- Slice Brussels in half
- Cut uncooked bacon into 1” pieces
- Toss apples & Brussels together with olive oil in large plastic bag (we use enough olive oil just to thinly coat)
- Distribute apples & Brussels on the pan
- Place whole sage leaves throughout
- Salt and pepper apples, Brussels, and sage
- Salt and pepper pork tenderloin & place on top of apples & Brussels in the center of the pan
- Place pieces of uncooked bacon throughout the pan, including on top of the tenderloin
- Place pan in pre-heated oven and cook for 30 minutes total for 1.5 lb tenderloin, 25 minutes total for 1.25 lb tenderloin, or 20 minutes for 1 lb tenderloin. In the middle of the cook time pull the pan out & stir the apples, Brussels, sage, and bacon to ensure even cooking.
- At the end of the cook time in step 12, pull the pan out & relocate the tenderloin for a 10-minute rest period. If you have a thermometer (we don’t…) the internal temperature of the pork should reach 145F before resting. The tenderloin will continue to cook during this time—make sure you tent it with aluminum foil.
- While the pork is resting put the pan back in the oven to finish cooking the apples, Brussels, sage, and bacon. Usually 10 minutes, but you can check it earlier if they are close to being done when you pull the pork out.
- After the rest period is over & the apples, Brussels, sage, and bacon are done serve slices of the pork over the other ingredients. Enjoy!