I woke up Saturday morning with a craving for pancakes. After remembering that I had a huge bag of Pamela’s Artisan Flour Mix (gluten-free), I quickly googled a recipe on my phone while still in bed. Armed with what looked like a good recipe, I headed to the kitchen to try it out. After mixing all of the ingredients it was super thick, so Deryck suggested that we throw in a 1/4 cup of Grand Marnier to thin it out. I also had to add probably another 1/4 cup milk. The pancakes turned out amazing! Slight orange flavor & not boozy. It made enough for breakfast yesterday and today (mmm…heated up pancakes). Sorry for the horrible photographs, I did not think to photograph them yesterday & Deryck is “just a man photographing his breakfast”…
GF Grand Marnier Pancakes
2 C milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 C Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C Grand Marnier
1/4 C additional milk (as needed to thin the batter)
butter to grease the skillet
1. Pour 2 cups of milk into measuring cup and add the lemon juice. This will create “buttermilk” for you. Put it aside.
2. Pour flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk until blended (I used my kitchenaid).
3. Add “buttermilk” and melted butter to the dry mixture and whisk. Add egg, vanilla, and grand marnier. Whisk until smooth. Add additional milk until mixture is slightly runny (like normal pancake batter).
4. Melt butter in a frying pan. Drop approx. 1/4 cup of batter into the frying pan for each pancake.
5. Cook for a few minutes or until the center starts to bubble. Flip and cook for another few minutes (Deryck cooked them for 3 minutes per side).
6. Serve & Enjoy!
Yield: Approximately 15-16 pancakes